× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which devices do I by for router for Satellite

clarecarver
Aspirant

Which devices do I by for router for Satellite

get viasat hooked up and they told me I need a router and gave me this number 802.11 and that I need a doul band router can you tell me which ones would be suitable  - this is in a house note far away just from upstairs to downstairs 4 devices all on wifi -thank you 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TaterSalid
Virtuoso

Re: Which devices do I by for router for Satellite

A friend has that one and loves it. Just be sure to get the version 2 model. It will say so on the package as v2. I think the 200NAS is version 2. This one should be plenty fast. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
TaterSalid
Virtuoso

Just a guess that you are in a rural area. If so WiFi interference shouldn't be an issue. 802.11 is the standard for WiFi. There will normally be a letter or letters following the (.11) that indicates the version of the standard. AC is now the most common with AD and AX being the newest.

802.11 Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11 Don't get too deep into this.

Unless you are doing heavy gaming you can let your budget guide you on this. Most routers now are dual band and will say so on the package. I would recommend one that has Gigabit Ethernet such as R6050 or R6220. Both are inexpensive but there are many others at higher prices.

Message 2 of 5
clarecarver
Aspirant

thank you ! 

Message 3 of 5
clarecarver
Aspirant

is this one good? - Netgear R6220 2.4 GHz AC1200 Smart Wireless Router with External Antennas R6220-200NAS

Message 4 of 5
TaterSalid
Virtuoso

A friend has that one and loves it. Just be sure to get the version 2 model. It will say so on the package as v2. I think the 200NAS is version 2. This one should be plenty fast. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7