× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will this work

Ryan_M
Aspirant

Will this work

I have a CM2000 and another netgear managed switch. Can’t get to the switch right now to get the model number. But it is an 8 port managed switch with 4 POE ports and 4 nonPOE.

What I’m trying to do is connect the CM2000 to the switch and then use the switch to go to my Wi-Fi router(Linksys) and direct connect to my PC.

Reason, I don’t think I need a new WiFi router mostly cause what I use my wireless for I don’t need high speeds for, but my PC I do want as much speed as possible. Unfortunately, the Wi-Fi router doesn’t support the speed I pay for so there is some loss there.

If the CM2000 isn’t currently working with the switch and idk if it’s me or if it’s incompatible hardware. Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Will this work

Some of the higher end switches have nat/DHCP built in. Tough to know without a model number. 

But if it doesn't, then you can't go that route. 

If it does,  you can use the switch for its routing capabilities and put the router in access point mode. 

Message 2 of 4
Ryan_M
Aspirant

Update here: model for the switch is GS108PE-300NAS
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I don't believe that switch has the capability from what I could tell going through its manual. 

You might get better feedback in the switches forum. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Switches/ct-p/business-switches

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7