× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Internet Connection Issues

Daisy848
Aspirant

Wifi Internet Connection Issues

I have a NetGear AC1200 Model R6120.   I have installed it and have connected to the internet.  My husband who uses the same computer cannot connect to the internet.  Why?   What do I need to do?    He used to be able to connect with my old WiFi router.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wifi Internet Connection Issues

I can bring up my comcast page and connect to my e-mail.  He gets a message that he does not have an internet connection.

That sounds like something is going wrong on whatever wifi client he is using rather than the router.

Is this a smart phone (Android, iThing?) Laptop? (Windows? Mac?)

Is this Comcast account an email account, and Internet account, or a wifi connection? Remember, you have to login to the wifi before you can login to email.

Apologies for yet more questions, but we need them to work out what is going on. The more you can tell us, and in as much detail as possible, the better.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

@Daisy848 wrote:

My husband who uses the same computer cannot connect to the internet. 

How is he connecting? Wifi? Wired?

What happens when he tries?

Apologies for piling on the questions.

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
    Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
    Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

Message 2 of 4
Daisy848
Aspirant

Every time I try to put the model # in the above block, it just goes away.   Very frustrating.

The Model is R6120.    

My husband is trying to connect using WiFi.    We are both users on my Comcast account.   We both have separate e-mails.   I can bring up my comcast page and connect to my e-mail.  He gets a message that he does not have an internet connection.   Is/was there something additional I need to do to be able to give him access to the internet so that he can get to the Comcast account?

Message 3 of 4

I can bring up my comcast page and connect to my e-mail.  He gets a message that he does not have an internet connection.

That sounds like something is going wrong on whatever wifi client he is using rather than the router.

Is this a smart phone (Android, iThing?) Laptop? (Windows? Mac?)

Is this Comcast account an email account, and Internet account, or a wifi connection? Remember, you have to login to the wifi before you can login to email.

Apologies for yet more questions, but we need them to work out what is going on. The more you can tell us, and in as much detail as possible, the better.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7