Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router not awnding out wifi

nrscalf10
Follower

Router not awnding out wifi

I have reset both my router and modem and I cannot receive any Wi-Fi signal. I have my Xbox one hardwired in to my router and it is working fine but I cannot get any Wi-Fi signal can anyone help
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Router not awnding out wifi

Hi @nrscalf10,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the model number of your NETGEAR device?

2. Please make sure that the router is set to broadcast the SSID (WiFi name) on the router UI. This link may help.

3. If your router has a physical WiFI on/off switch, you can try pressing that for 2 seconds and see if the issue will persist.

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @nrscalf10,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the model number of your NETGEAR device?

2. Please make sure that the router is set to broadcast the SSID (WiFi name) on the router UI. This link may help.

3. If your router has a physical WiFI on/off switch, you can try pressing that for 2 seconds and see if the issue will persist.

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @nrscalf10,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 7
Mdraper21
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. The Xbox works while it’s wired into router but wireless WiFi is not working. We have been using WiFi perfectly fine until yesterday something happened and it stopped working. We have a R6400V2
Message 4 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Mdraper21,

Please see my previous comment about making sure that the WiFi is set to be broadcasted. Also, check if pressing the WiFi on/off for 2 seconds will fix it. Sometimes that can be pressed by accident turning the WiFi off.

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 7
Mdraper21
Aspirant

So how do you make the WiFi broadcasted!? And I have pressed that button multiple times and it just turns off the router. We have a Mac book so can not plug cord into computer but it’s plugged into the Xbox and working.
Message 6 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

You can access the UI of the router and make sure that the SSID broadcast is checked. The link below might help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24095

If that proves to be difficult, then a factory reset may be the only option.

Dexter

Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7