Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: unintall Genie

anamvet
Aspirant

unintall Genie

If I completly uninstall my old Genie21 will it somehow disrupt the operation of my new Nighthawk RAX54v2 router. I think it may be interfering, somehow, with downloading the 'Nighthawk' App?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
anamvet
Aspirant

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

@anamvet wrote:

If I completly uninstall my old Genie21 will it somehow disrupt the operation of my new Nighthawk RAX54v2 router. I think it may be interfering, somehow, with downloading the 'Nighthawk' App?

Lots of strange things in there.

What is this Genie21?

You refer to the genie. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

None of the genies has anything to do with the operation of your router. They are just ways of managing it.

What tells you that you have a problem with downloading the Nighthawk app?

And which app? IoS or Android?

This is something that you install on a mobile device. Again, the router isn't involved in the process.

Message 2 of 4
amelia2929
Initiate

Uninstalling your old Genie21, similar to removing unwanted mods in FIFA Mobile, should not inherently disrupt the operation of your new Nighthawk RAX54v2 router. However, it's essential to ensure a clean uninstallation by following the manufacturer's instructions to avoid any potential conflicts or residual settings. Any interference with downloading the 'Nighthawk' app is more likely to be due to configuration issues or network settings rather than the removal of Genie21. Review your router settings and ensure that your new router is correctly configured to work with the app for a smooth experience. If issues persist, consider reaching out to Netgear's support for assistance.

Message 3 of 4
anamvet
Aspirant

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7