Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BR500 failing to download latest QoS database

jdrch
Apprentice

BR500 failing to download latest QoS database

When trying to manually update the QoS database, I get the following error (see attached screenshot):

An error occured while downloading the detection database. Try again later.

This happens whether or not the Automatically update performance optimization database check box is selected. FWIW, the router's current database is extremely out of date; ironically predating the router itself by over 3 years:

Version:v2.0813.gea65011

Release Date:August 13, 2015

Ideas?

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: BR500 failing to download latest QoS database

@jdrch,

I got a feedback from the higher tier of NETGEAR Support and I was told that there are no new updates currently available for the QoS database for the BR500 which is why the error message you encountered appears. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @jdrch,

Kindly answer the questions below: 

a. From where did you get the QoS database that you want to upload to your BR500?

b. Can you provide a copy of the QoS database you are trying to upload to the BR500?  You may provide a Google Drive link so that I can download it here on my end. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
jdrch
Apprentice

a. ??? I didn't get it from anywhere; it shipped with the router. The documentation for it can be found in the user manual on pages 96 & 97. To be honest, the fact that you thought I downloaded it from somewhere is alarming, because it's literally impossible to upload a custom database from the firmware. This shows a lack of familiarity with the product I'm asking about, which is pretty bad for enterprise product support. This isn't a $50 router from Walmart.

b. I'm not trying to upload anything. I'm trying to update it from within the router UI. See the link to manual above. I can't believe I'm having to tell a community mod to look at the manual of the product I'm asking about ... this is pretty embarrassing.

Message 3 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jdrch,

Thank you for your feedback. 🙂  You're right, I need to be more familiar with the BR500 though I am not a part of NETGEAR Support.

It is possible that there is no update yet.  I will inquire this to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support to confirm. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
jdrch
Apprentice

Thanks, much appreciated. As you can see from my submission history I'm having a pretty frustrating time with this device('s features).

Message 5 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jdrch,

I got a feedback from the higher tier of NETGEAR Support and I was told that there are no new updates currently available for the QoS database for the BR500 which is why the error message you encountered appears. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
jdrch
Apprentice

Thanks Dane, can confirm via the response to the support ticket I filed.

In that case, I highly recommend NETGEAR change the error message to say "You have the latest version installed" or something similar. The current one leads the user to believe the QoS database backend is broken and that there might be an update they're missing. 

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements