Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVX538 Firmware upgrade issues

leetal
Follower

FVX538 Firmware upgrade issues

So i know this firewall is REALLY old now, but i'm having great issues finding old firmware files for the FVX538v2. The problem is that my unit is new from box and it has a firmware version of 1.6.44. The only firmware versions i can find for download are 3.X+. It seems that upgrading all the way from 1.6.xx to 3.X is a no-go, since it won't even start the flashing process. And yes, i am using IE7 (have even tried firefox and chrome without success). 

If anyone has a solution or could point me to an archive of firmware versions, i'd be very grateful!

Model: FVX538v2|ProSafe VPN firewall 200|EOL
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVX538 Firmware upgrade issues

Hi leetal,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As far as I have checked my resources, both FVX538v1 and FVX538v2 (v = version) have an initial firmware of v3.x.x.  

What is the serial number of your FVX538?  Kindly send me a photo of the serial number of your FVX538 labeled on the device itself via a private message for verification.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVX538 Firmware upgrade issues

@leetal,

I got your private message and found out that the serial number of your FVX538v2 you have provided is already registered to another person.  Also, I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support and there are no older firmware versions for the FVX538v2 that they have found other than what is posted here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements