Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear ProSafe VPN Client

ACB-Holmen
Aspirant

Netgear ProSafe VPN Client

I am using the Netgear ProSafe VPN client to connect remotely to the network. This works so far. Now I have a new laptop and I am not able to activate the Netgear VPN software. Always says "internal error - try again later". This software has a full 5 users free - not one used so far. What could be wrong?

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear ProSafe VPN Client

@ACB-Holmen,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having issues applying for your VPN Client License. Do you see any error code on your VPN client? May you be able to send me the license key via private message so that we could check it on our end?

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
ACB-Holmen
Aspirant

Hi John,

it says error code 70 - internal error.

Please see attached screen shot - in German I am afraid. Screen shotScreen shot

Message 3 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@ACB-Holmen,

Please try to disable first the firewall and the anti-virus of your PC then try to activate the license again. Please also send me the license key via private message so that we can check it on our end and have it reset.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
ACB-Holmen
Aspirant

Hi John,

did that already with disabling firewall and antivirus. Also used the admin account. No difference. Also install-user account makes it no better.

The license key I will send by private message

Arnd

Message 5 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@ACB-Holmen,

As per checking, the 5-licenses that you have is still unused. This license is only applicable to VPN Client Lite and not to VPN Client Professional. Please try to use the VPN Client Lite or vice versa.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
ACB-Holmen
Aspirant

Thanks for reply, John.

Of course we use VPN Client lite as that came with the router.

Really weird.

OK, in the meantime we found another solution: we buy the software from Greenbow - from which Netgear obviously has purchased it in the first place. That is exactly the same software and works fine on that computer.

thanks for trying.

Arnd

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements