× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DHCP accross multiple switches and vlans

KelvinFu
Aspirant

DHCP accross multiple switches and vlans

Hi Community,

How can I get it work?

DHCP.PNG

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi KelvinFu

Yes you want to create DHCP Server on your M4300 Managed switch and assign DHCP Pool for each VLAN with excluded IP address range each time..

The way each DHCP pool is binded to its correct VLAN is simple: the network in each DHCP pool must belong to each VLAN IP interface subnet (or vice versa if you prefer).

So if your VLAN 1 Routing IP Interface is 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0, then your corresponding IP DHCP Pool <<DHCP_VLAN_1 or any other name>> should have its network such as 192.168.100.0 255.255.255.0

You can refer to M4300 Admin manual and closely follow the example in Chapter 24 starting page 450 using either CLI or Web interface.

You can select excluded IP range for each pool.

All DHCP server parameters (including options) are available in M4300 technical documentation: 

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DanielZhang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Kelvin,

Welcome to NETGEAR community!

Which feature or function do you wan to deploy?

I guess the DHCP server function is your requirement.Smiley Happy

M4300 support DHCP server and here is the configuration guide for you.

Please reference to Chapter 24 DHCP

M4300 Software Administration Manual (Software Version 12.x)

Regards,

Daniel.

Message 2 of 5
KelvinFu
Aspirant

oh, my question was not clear enough. as you know, i have servel vlan rite? so i guess i have to create dhcp pool and exclude range for each vlan? and I want to know, how can I match the pool to the correct vlan?

Message 3 of 5
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi KelvinFu

Yes you want to create DHCP Server on your M4300 Managed switch and assign DHCP Pool for each VLAN with excluded IP address range each time..

The way each DHCP pool is binded to its correct VLAN is simple: the network in each DHCP pool must belong to each VLAN IP interface subnet (or vice versa if you prefer).

So if your VLAN 1 Routing IP Interface is 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0, then your corresponding IP DHCP Pool <<DHCP_VLAN_1 or any other name>> should have its network such as 192.168.100.0 255.255.255.0

You can refer to M4300 Admin manual and closely follow the example in Chapter 24 starting page 450 using either CLI or Web interface.

You can select excluded IP range for each pool.

All DHCP server parameters (including options) are available in M4300 technical documentation: 

Best regards,

Message 4 of 5
KelvinFu
Aspirant

oh yes! it pretty simple than I expected! finally, thx Laurent, and thx community. netgear's products are awesome! also the support is far over than I expect. thx thx thx!!!!!! Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLHeartHeartHeart

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements