× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear switches compatible with Cisco ISE

adeeb_taqui
Aspirant

Netgear switches compatible with Cisco ISE

Greetings To All,

My customer is asking if the their Cisco ISE is compatible with our newly deployed nettgear switches like M4300-96X; XSM4316S / M4300-8X8F;XSM4324S/M4300-12X12F;

Do you know of any reference for this?

Their requirement is to monitor Netgear switch ports from Cisco ISE

Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) is a network administration product that enables the creation and enforcement of security and access policies for endpoint devices connected to the company's routers and switches. The purpose is to simplify identity management across diverse devices and applications.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear switches compatible with Cisco ISE

Hello @adeeb_taqui 

Thank you for your question. While there is no reference that I can think of, we can expect that Cisco® ISE supports interoperability with any non-Cisco RADIUS client network access device (NAD) that implements common RADIUS behavior for standards-based authentication. Of course, proprietary or specific Cisco TrustSec® or pxGrid wouldn't be supported across the M4300 switches, but again the standard dot1x authentication should work fine, M4300 switches come with a standard and robust Radius implementation (see the Radius RFCs supported page 46 in the M4300 datasheet). 

I hope this helps,  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hello @adeeb_taqui 

Thank you for your question. While there is no reference that I can think of, we can expect that Cisco® ISE supports interoperability with any non-Cisco RADIUS client network access device (NAD) that implements common RADIUS behavior for standards-based authentication. Of course, proprietary or specific Cisco TrustSec® or pxGrid wouldn't be supported across the M4300 switches, but again the standard dot1x authentication should work fine, M4300 switches come with a standard and robust Radius implementation (see the Radius RFCs supported page 46 in the M4300 datasheet). 

I hope this helps,  

Message 2 of 3
adeeb_taqui
Aspirant

Thankyou.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation