× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

POE on GS108E

marks945
Follower

POE on GS108E

Hi

I'm just trying to get power over ethernet on my GS108E prosafe switch.

My understanding is that only some ports support POE. I do not see any markings and I looked in the config utility and do not see any options to enable the port.

How do I setup the port for POE?

Thanks

Mark

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: POE on GS108E

Hi marks945,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The GS108E switch model does not support PoE.  The GS108PE switch does support PoE.  

I recommend you the GS108PEv3.  The GS108PEv3 has 4 PoE ports with a total PoE power budget of 53 watts.  To know more about the GS108PEv3, kindly check the data sheet here which includes the comparison to other ProSAFE Gigabit Web Managed Plus Switches. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@marks945,

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@marks945,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  

If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements