× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem configuration default gateway switch M4300

JohBo
Aspirant

Problem configuration default gateway switch M4300

Hi everybody,

Sorry for my  English that not very good, actually, I have a problem with the configuration of the Ip Gateway.

When I write "ip default-gateway 10.10.10.1" I have the message "Notice ! The configured default gateway will not take effect until interface belonging to the same subnet as the configured gateway is created and activated."

I don't kwon how to resolve my problem ? Can you help me please ?

Thank you so much.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Problem configuration default gateway switch M4300

Hi @JohBo,

Welcome to the community! 

Yes, it's a normal notice when you config the IP default gateway but there is no same subnet IP address on your switch. In your situation, I suggest you can set an IP address(such as: 10.10.10.2) on VLAN1(by default, VLAN1 is management VLAN) interface. Then you need to connect the port to your gateway(10.10.10.1), after do this config, it will make sure the switch can reach the Gateway success. 

For detailed info about Management VLAN configuration, please click the link (User Manual, Page52: Management VLAN Overview)

Hope it helps!

Regards,

EricZ
NETGEAR employee

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @JohBo,

Welcome to the community! 

Yes, it's a normal notice when you config the IP default gateway but there is no same subnet IP address on your switch. In your situation, I suggest you can set an IP address(such as: 10.10.10.2) on VLAN1(by default, VLAN1 is management VLAN) interface. Then you need to connect the port to your gateway(10.10.10.1), after do this config, it will make sure the switch can reach the Gateway success. 

For detailed info about Management VLAN configuration, please click the link (User Manual, Page52: Management VLAN Overview)

Hope it helps!

Regards,

EricZ
NETGEAR employee

Message 2 of 3
JohBo
Aspirant

Hi EricZ,

I come to try your suggest and now it working !

Thank you so much and have a good say.

Regards.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements