× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recommend replacement for FVS318

cerhorn
Tutor

Recommend replacement for FVS318

I just upgraded to a DOCSIS 3.0 Modem, and upgraded my internet service with Crapcast.  My FVS318 gives me about 11 Mbps download, while a direct connection from computer to the modem gives me 90 Mbps download.  Time for a new firewall.  I don't use the VPN capabilities, so I just need a Netgear expert to recommend a replacement that will allow me to get all the bandwidth I am paying for now. 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Recommend replacement for FVS318

Hi cerhorn,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The FVS318 have a LAN-to-WAN throughput of just 11Mbps.  You will need to have a firewall that has a LAN-to-WAN throughput greater than 90Mbps.  I recommend you either of the following: FVS318Gv2, FVS318N, FVS336Gv3 or SRX5308.  Kindly access the data sheet below for you to check their specifications and comparison:

ProSAFE® VPN Firewall Series Data Sheet

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cerhorn,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The FVS318 have a LAN-to-WAN throughput of just 11Mbps.  You will need to have a firewall that has a LAN-to-WAN throughput greater than 90Mbps.  I recommend you either of the following: FVS318Gv2, FVS318N, FVS336Gv3 or SRX5308.  Kindly access the data sheet below for you to check their specifications and comparison:

ProSAFE® VPN Firewall Series Data Sheet

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@cerhorn,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have questions.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
cerhorn
Tutor

Thanks - I purchased the FVS318Gv2.  After hanging a few times the first day of installation, it has now been running without issues for close to 24 hours.  Support says to upgrade firmware, one release at a time.  I may do that if it starts acting up again, but right now its fine.

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@cerhorn,

I'm glad to know that the FVS318Gv2 you have purchased is working fine. 🙂 

Since the FVS318Gv2 is running without issues, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Happy Holidays! 🙂 

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements