× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Vlan issue on GS108PEv3 - 8-Port Gigabit ProSAFE

Ciscopete
Aspirant

Vlan issue on GS108PEv3 - 8-Port Gigabit ProSAFE

Hi guys,

Having problem with following  , need to connect one of my shops to SP network. SP provision one the ports on patch panel to be part of the same vlan as other shops are connected to  , namely 2534. Now I have setup switch to have all ports 1 to 8 in vlan 2534 (PVID 2534). Set management IP to be in the same network - 192.168.165.197. Got 3 PCs connected to that switch - 165.81 , 165.82 and 165.83. I can access management IP of thatn switch , no problem here , I can see all 3 machines siting on switch but unable to access or ping them remotely , but management IP works fine (same subnet). I have called SP , asked them to temp remove all form of security from that port but still nothing. 

Then , accidently , was trying to update software , so moved switch into this special Firmware Upgrade profil - see attached and boom! - all pings are coming back , all 3 PCs are accessible no problem! Then switch normally restart itself to go back to normal operation profile and all stops again. Has to be some setting somewhere thats causing it. Loop detection and other features are off. 

Any idea guys? 

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSafe 8 ports Gigabit Plus switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Vlan issue on GS108PEv3 - 8-Port Gigabit ProSAFE

HI Ciscopete,

Welcome to our community!

Seems that you are having some issues with the VLAN set up,  from what you wrote below seems that all ports will belong to this new VLAN , so you are not going to plug any device that doesn´t belong to the 2534 VLAN?

If this is the case seems that the main issue is on the uplink port, you need to check it with your SP but normally what VLANs are they tagging ( normally they just tag their own). I would recommend to test to set up the uplink port with PVID 1 , an for VLAN membership you Untag 1 on the uplink port and Tag the 2534 VLAN. For all the other ports you can leave the configuration as it is and keep PVID 2534 on them.

Hope it helps!

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI Ciscopete,

Welcome to our community!

Seems that you are having some issues with the VLAN set up,  from what you wrote below seems that all ports will belong to this new VLAN , so you are not going to plug any device that doesn´t belong to the 2534 VLAN?

If this is the case seems that the main issue is on the uplink port, you need to check it with your SP but normally what VLANs are they tagging ( normally they just tag their own). I would recommend to test to set up the uplink port with PVID 1 , an for VLAN membership you Untag 1 on the uplink port and Tag the 2534 VLAN. For all the other ports you can leave the configuration as it is and keep PVID 2534 on them.

Hope it helps!

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

Message 2 of 3
Ciscopete
Aspirant

Hi Xavier,

you the man!  working as expected sir 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats