Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Black Screen randomly displays

Rich_R
Aspirant

Black Screen randomly displays

Canvas software version 2.0.9

Good afternoon. I have seen this issue posted before from others, though I didn’t see a solution.
When playing my Playlist, every fifth or so image is a black screen with a small great area in the upper left hand corner. I have checked the Playlist in the app on my phone and don’t see any images blacked out. Can anyone please advise how I can correct this? Thank you
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Jeffgear
Luminary

Re: Black Screen randomly displays

Hi Rich - if it’s 4 years old then you’re well out of any Netgear or extended warranty, and consumer rights won’t be helpful here - 4 years is a good life and any longer is a plus. I’d enquire about repair costs but I’d be first tempted to try a factory reset and setup again from scratch. If the repair is too costly then I’d have a fiddle inside for any loose connectors as at that point you’ve got nothing to lose 🙂 Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Jeffgear
Luminary

Looking at similar posts, this issue has been fixed by powering off the canvas for at least 30 seconds. Other posts suggested an RMA was the solution to their particular issue. Try the powering off and see if that resolves it.
Message 2 of 5
Rich_R
Aspirant

Thanks Jeff, for responding on Christmas!
I have tried powering off the Meural, but unfortunately it didn’t fix it. By “RMA” are you saying returning the unit? It’s been about 4 years so I assume I’m out of warranty. I could ask what the company would charge for a repair.
Thanks again,
Rich
Message 3 of 5
Jeffgear
Luminary

Hi Rich - if it’s 4 years old then you’re well out of any Netgear or extended warranty, and consumer rights won’t be helpful here - 4 years is a good life and any longer is a plus. I’d enquire about repair costs but I’d be first tempted to try a factory reset and setup again from scratch. If the repair is too costly then I’d have a fiddle inside for any loose connectors as at that point you’ve got nothing to lose 🙂 Good luck!
Message 4 of 5
Rich_R
Aspirant

Just adding one last comment here, in case anyone else has the same issue.

When I reached out to Netgear support, they suggested the following.  It is not ideal (as the image orientation is now ignored), but it does work as the black screen images have stopped appearing so we are using this approach:

"Would request you to launch the Meural app, click on the Canvas option (bottom right), click on the settings icon (top right), click on Canvas Settings, scroll down and look for "orientation match". It should be turned off, for all the images (either vertical/horizontal) to get displayed on the Meural screen. If it is set to horizontal/vertical and based on how the Canvas is mounted on the wall, you will be able to see those images matching the Canvas' orientation and the rest of the images as a black screen."

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays