Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Meural Alexa skill has disappeared

BarnacleBill
Follower

Meural Alexa skill has disappeared

I looked on the Alexa skills store this morning to see whether there have been any recent updates to the Meural skill.  I keep hoping (somewhat naively it seems) that Netgear will update the skill so that I could ask Alexa 'what's my Meural Canvas showing?' and that Alexa would read out the name of the painting and the artist.  (Ideally this would work with two canvases by using each Canvas' name).

So I checked with Alexa itself and although Alexa can still see my Meurals and says the devices are connected 'via Meural' I can't even use even the basic controls that used to exist anymore.  When I check, it seems the Meural skill is no longer in the Alexa store!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 1 of 9
slf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Meural Alexa skill has disappeared

Same issue here.

Message 2 of 9
slf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just received a reply from Alexa support stating "The skill has disappeared and should be reinstated soon.  It is a 3rd party skill issue and the skill owner is working on it, no worry.  Please check back in a couple of hours."

Message 3 of 9
slf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Amazon support says the netgear meural skill is no longer on their site. Netgear needs to reestablish the skill on Amazon.
We've been on the phone with Netgear support folks for hours trying to get to someone that knows something about the Meural products.....not very reassuring.
Message 4 of 9
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @BarnacleBill and @slf ,

Thank you for sharing your issue here on the NETGEAR Forum. We are looking into this issue and will provide an update just as soon as possible.

Best,

Christine

Message 5 of 9
SkiingNana
Aspirant

Alexa gives me a message that she can't find NULL.
Message 6 of 9
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello SkiingNana,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

Just to clarify, when does Alexa give you the message "she can't find NULL"?

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 7 of 9
SkiingNana
Aspirant

I renamed meural to canvas, and I only ask her to "turn on the canvas" or turn off the canvas." It used to work, but now either request gets the message, "Hmm, I'm having trouble reaching null." This has been failing like this over a month.
Message 8 of 9
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello SkiingNana,

Thank you for providing that information!

Have you tried a different naming convention for your canvas to see if Alexa will be able to process your request? 

Please ensure that Alexa and your Meural Canvas are both on the same Wi-Fi network band before testing the proposed solution above. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays