× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AirCard 810S bug: manual network selection mode not working

Xenoide
Initiate

AirCard 810S bug: manual network selection mode not working

There is a bug in all firmwares for the Aircard 810S, including the current NTG9X40C_11.14.08.36

If you login to the configuration website via http://netgear.aircard and there try to manually select a network, you cannot save your selection. The attempt is denied with "Error saving changes". Hence, this feature is not working, you are limited to "automatic network selection mode", which can be very problematic if you live in a border area and frequently end up in a roaming network.

How could this error be reported to Netgear so they could fix it in a new firmware?

Model: AirCard 810S|Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III
Message 1 of 6
Frederic_MUC
Aspirant

Betreff: AirCard 810S bug: manual network selection mode not working

Same issue with my unlocked AC810. It’s a real pain and Netgear seems to be quite ignorant regarding this topic. Won’t never buy a Netgear device again. Total crap!

Message 2 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AirCard 810S bug: manual network selection mode not working

Hi @Frederic_MUC

Can you post a sample screenshot? 

What is the current firmware version? 

Network / SIM card used? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 6
Xenoide
Initiate

Hi Blanca_O,

if you don't mind, I would like also to post a screenshot of that problem on my device:

It was taken off the web interface on the AirCard, after clicking the Submit button.

Please note, that there is no option to change Network Selection Mode to anything but Automatic.

As stated originally, the firmware version ist NTG9X40C_11.14.08.36 and the SIM card is a Vodafone LTE enabled card of the latest generation.

Message 4 of 6
Frederic_MUC
Aspirant

Hi Blanca,

the firmware version of my device is NTG9X40C_11.14.08.36

I am using a LTE enabled Vodafone Germany Simcard. But I have also tried it with other Simcards. The result remains the same.

Best regards

Frederic

Message 5 of 6
Frederic_MUC
Aspirant

So as usual no answer from these idiots from the Netgear support
Model: AirCard 810S (Telstra)|Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies