× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Aircard 810s (Telstra) + Asus Rt-AC68U slow or no internet

mgull
Aspirant

Aircard 810s (Telstra) + Asus Rt-AC68U slow or no internet

I've been running my Telstra aircard 810s tethered to an Asus RT-AC68u router for 6 months now and about half the time, the internet is slow or very slow to respond. My home internet is Telstra 4GX.

I used to run a Telstra Siera 320u aircard into the same Asus router and all was fine. When I upgraded data plans, Telstra gave me a new device.

I'm not sure where to start. Firmware is up to date on both devices. Performance is no different with the other wifi network off. When Facebook or Safari is slow to respond, I jump to Simple Speedtest on my ipad and get 40MBs down and 20MBs up!

I haven't tried the Aircard 810s in its own right. Asus claim that they are compatable and I've posted the same issue to their tech support.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

Model: AirCard 810S (Telstra)|Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III
Message 1 of 7
compspy
Aspirant

Re: Aircard 810s (Telstra) + Asus Rt-AC68U slow or no internet

did you endup work out what the problems was?

Message 2 of 7
mgull
Aspirant

Compspy,

I took the Aircard 810s off the Asus router and ran the Aircard 810s as my wifi for home. It still had periods of being slow or no internet for a week or so, then has come good. Has been good for a few months now. No where near as secure as the Asus router 😞

I haven't had the time to do a factory reset and update on the Asus router and then reconnect the Aircard 810s.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 7
compspy
Aspirant

it's seem to be there is a problems for aircard 810s or aircard 790s with asus rt-ac68u.

Alot of https page not fully load or not loading at all, i dont know why, maybe there is a problem with MTU size.

It seem to working fine with Siera 320u.

Message 4 of 7
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Real problem is asus rt-ac68u. It does not support modern 4G USB devices properly. Please use another router. For example Smart Cradle and Dovado Pro AC do fine with AC810.

Message 5 of 7
mgull
Aspirant

Thanks. I checked with Asus before trying this new modem and they assured me that it would be ok. Maybe that's the real problem?

Message 6 of 7
mgull
Aspirant

Compspy, yes, my Sierra 320U worked a treat too.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7