× We are aware of an authentication issue with the NETGEAR Armor Portal and are actively working on resolving this issue. NETGEAR Armor features are not impacted for existing customers. Thank you for your patience.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Highlighted
Follower

Can’t disable netgear armour using Orbi app

I installed an Orbi router a couple of weeks ago with not issues. Now my Mac mini is unable to go to any website as it is showing I a security threat. I have tried to disable Netgear Armour in the security settings in the Orbi app but it gives me an error that the "Process is taking too long (more than 60 secs), Try again!!" . I've tried to disable it many times. Please help me remove this!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Can’t disable netgear armour using Orbi app

Hello Jengschultz, 

Please refer to the following article on how to disable Armor. You may visit the Orbi's admin page via web browser to confirm it's off. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

I've tried these instructions and it doesn't work. When I try to go to the security settings page to disable Armor, I'm automatically redirected to the store.bitdefender.com website. I just want to disable Armor.

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Cannot turn netgear armor off due to timeout error.  This app stinks!  Please fix and make the fuction usable.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Heartsbane and B13C,

May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number and I can look into this further.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 5 of 5