Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Clarification Regarding Devices that Include 1 year of Insight Management

wesmithjr100
Guide

Clarification Regarding Devices that Include 1 year of Insight Management

I opened a case earlier this week regarding my initial 1 yr Insight subscription that's due to expire at the end of this month but am receiving feedback that makes no sense to me.  To provide some background / context, I purchased a SXK80 bundle (Router + Satellite) and a separate SXS80 satellite (couldn't find a 3 pack available at the time) on the same day last December.   Both the SXK80 bundle and SXS80 included 1 year of Insight management as noted on Netgear's site at that time and as of today.  Those 1 year subscriptions are expiring at the end of this month.  I purchased another SXS80 back in August that is advertised as coming with 1 year of Insight management.  My question to support was when my current subscription expires, would the remainder of the subscription from my August SXS80 purchase kick in, thereby extending my subscription through next August.  Come next August, I would need to purchase a subscription unless I've purchased another device that includes a 1 year subscription. The feedback I received is below.

"Thank you for your reply. I have read your reply and found out that it seems you thought that SXS80 does have a free 1-yr insight subscription. I checked on our site as well just right now and it shows that SXS80 has 1-Year NETGEAR Insight Subscription Included which should not have. There was misinformation on our website which caused confusion to our customers. Below is the link showing that it has a 1-Year NETGEAR Insight Subscription Included."

First, I thought the SXS80 included 1 year of Insight management because that's what Netgear has been advertising for at least the past year and counting on their website.  If that was indeed a mistake, which I'm not convinced is the case, from my perspective as a customer, Netgear should have to honor what they advertised and update all applicable product listings to note that's not the case

All that said, I'm posting here to see if I can get some clarity on which devices actually include 1 year of support to include the SXS80 and if it does include that device, will my still valid subscription with that kick in once my existing one expires in a few weeks?

I'm happy to provide my case # via PM to a mod from Netgear if request / otherwise provide any additional information that's needed.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Clarification Regarding Devices that Include 1 year of Insight Management

Hello,

Devices which include one-year of Insight are listed on this page:

https://www.netgear.com/business/services/insight/devices/#filter=.insight-0006-1-Year-Insight-inclu...

One-year of Insight is applicable to routers of WiFi Systems only. Satellites do not join Insight directly and therefore aren't subject to credit usage.

Please send me a private message of any location where SXS80 shows as having one-year and we will review and take necessary action.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Bill,

In general, Insight management is per device, you currently have three devices (one router, two satellites) on your Insight licensing, two will expire earlier. So two need to be extended if I have it right.

Check your account -> Subscriptions https://insight.netgear.com/#/accountManagement/subScriptions for the current status. 

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 7
wesmithjr100
Guide

@schumaku - Kurt, thanks for the feedback. I'll acknowledge I might have somehow missed that, if indeed the case.  That said, the support rep also noted that If I wanted to extend my subscription, I just need to do it for my router and not the satellites.  Insight Premium is reasonably priced from my perspective so I'm not concerned if I need to renew both devices but would like to get clearer feedback from Netgear before I purchase anything.  I should also note that the email notice I received only referenced the router as expiring and not my satellite.

I did check my account as you suggested and it's showing my account status as active with just 1 Insight device, which I would presume is my router.   If I need to renew 2 devices, why is the console only recognizing one?

Bill

Message 3 of 7
schumaku
Guru

No idea this minute on how the 30 days courtesy (after expiration) license does show up there - probably not.

Message 4 of 7
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

Devices which include one-year of Insight are listed on this page:

https://www.netgear.com/business/services/insight/devices/#filter=.insight-0006-1-Year-Insight-inclu...

One-year of Insight is applicable to routers of WiFi Systems only. Satellites do not join Insight directly and therefore aren't subject to credit usage.

Please send me a private message of any location where SXS80 shows as having one-year and we will review and take necessary action.

Message 5 of 7
wesmithjr100
Guide

@MrJoshW - Just sent you a PM with a couple links as requested

Message 6 of 7
wesmithjr100
Guide

Many thanks to @MrJoshW @RaghuHR and @DaneA for your assistance.   Feedback posted here is accurate -- Insight subscription doesn't apply to satellites / only routers. Some part of site noted otherwise but Netgear addressed that and also provided a very reasonable solution to me that I am happy with. Thank you all and happy holidays

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements