Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle - "something went wrong"

DBVicAU
Tutor

Circle - "something went wrong"

Hi

It would appear that since 2.6.2.140 firmware update on my RBR40, Circle has stopped working.

I can disable it on the router and enable it via the app - it then shows as enabled on the router, but the app simply then says "something went wrong" and I am not able to past that error. 

Based on another post here, I've manually applied the same firmware but the issue persists.  

Being outside of 90 days and having no direct support from the manufacturer will mean I will never buy NetGear again.  My kids have been potentially explosed to content due to this issue, it has some potentially very serious consequencies. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
DB

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Circle - "something went wrong"

I, also have questions about "what's going on?" However.....

Netgear has two entirely different products for "Parental Control".

This forum is for the"New" Netgear Parental Controls.

There is a separate forum for Disney Circle:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle 

I believe you are more likely to find an answer if your question about "Circle" is posted in that forum.

(my opinion is that Netgear has "muddied the waters" by creating two separate community forums, but there's nothing I can do about it.)

Message 2 of 4
DBVicAU
Tutor

Thanks CrimpOn. I'll head there and post the quesiton. 

The forums perhaps do need to be seperated, but so far this is by far my worst technical support experience in my lifetime and I'm a certified Microsoft technical Expert with 25 years expereience in the industry across Microsoft, Citrix and VMware.  If I'm finding it a poor experience, I can only imaging how non-technical customers find it. I should surely be able to pick the phone up and speak to someone - the fact that I onbly got 90 days support with the expensive device is outrageous.  

Alas, it will simply mean I tell all my friends in the industry and never buy the products again.  Little point me ranting as it's clearly not getting noticed by NetGear.  

Thanks again for your help, CrimpOn. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try removing it from your mobile device then re-install the app. 

Try installing it on a different mobile device. I saw this simiar issue with my Pad after messing around with parental controls on my RBR. After installing it on my iphone, I was able to get the app connected, then the pad started working. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7