× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disks compatibility for RN1100

alisys
Aspirant

Disks compatibility for RN1100

Hi,

We need to replace the disks from RN1100.

I can not find the NAS in the compatibility list.
Where can I find it? Can you recommend 2TB discs approximately?

Thanks!

Model: ReadyNAS-1100|ReadyNAS 1100
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Disks compatibility for RN1100

It is there (select "legacy", then Readynas 1100).  But it's a waste of time to use it - the HCL hasn't been updated for years, and many of the disks are long obsolete.

WDC Red or Seagate Ironwolf are reasonable choices, given the relatively low performance of the 1100.  If you prefer enterprise class, then perhaps use WDC Red Pro or Seagate Ironwolf Pro.  I don't recommend desktop drives (even if they are on the HCL) - nas-purposed drives are similar in price and are better choices.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

It is there (select "legacy", then Readynas 1100).  But it's a waste of time to use it - the HCL hasn't been updated for years, and many of the disks are long obsolete.

WDC Red or Seagate Ironwolf are reasonable choices, given the relatively low performance of the 1100.  If you prefer enterprise class, then perhaps use WDC Red Pro or Seagate Ironwolf Pro.  I don't recommend desktop drives (even if they are on the HCL) - nas-purposed drives are similar in price and are better choices.

Message 2 of 3
alisys
Aspirant

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements