× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS 104 Plex to NAS214 Plex copy

CABird_UK
Tutor

NAS 104 Plex to NAS214 Plex copy

Netgear NAS 104 Fireware 6.10.4 

Netgear NAS 214 Fireware 6.10.4 

Netgear 104 has Plex App installed and stored media. Netgear 214 has Plex app installed and the same file shares as NAS 104.

Is there a method to copy Plex media metadata (library database) from Netgear 104 to Netgear 214? 

I have successuflly copied the media using Rsync. Advice from Netgear support page 'How do I back up data between two ReadyNAS OS 6 systems (using the backup manager)?'

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: NAS 104 Plex to NAS214 Plex copy

@CABird_UK wrote:

Is there a method to copy Plex media metadata (library database) from Netgear 104 to Netgear 214? 

Yes, but it does require use of ssh.  There is a thread here that gives some info: https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Storage-Apps-Current/Unable-to-access-PLEX-media-files-Per...

If you don't want to copy through a PC, then you can create a temporary share, copy (or zip) the media library into the share, and then transfer that over with a backup job.   Then copy/unzip on the RN214.  If you choose to copy with ssh, then you should set up the temporary share to be owned by root/root - otherwise some file owners might end up incorrect.

I just rebuild the libraries myself -  though that could be a a fair amount of work if you have a lot of stuff that isn't matched correctly.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@CABird_UK wrote:

Yes, but it does require use of ssh.  There is a thread here that gives some info: https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Storage-Apps-Current/Unable-to-access-PLEX-media-files-Per...

If you don't want to copy through a PC, then you can create a temporary share, copy (or zip) the media library into the share, and then transfer that over with a backup job.   Then copy/unzip on the RN214.  If you choose to copy with ssh, then you should set up the temporary share to be owned by root/root - otherwise some file owners might end up incorrect.

I just rebuild the libraries myself -  though that could be a a fair amount of work if you have a lot of stuff that isn't matched correctly.

Message 2 of 3
CABird_UK
Tutor

Thank you seems to be a consider amount of work.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements