× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN314 not boot.

Enimalist
Aspirant

RN314 not boot.

Hello! My ReadyNAS RN314 unresponsive now fails to boot. Upon pressing Power button, Power button LED lights, fan spins on high, the disk drive #1 LED lights (2,3,4 do not), the LCD and ACT LED flash once for milliseconds and then LCD and ACT LED are dark. No change occurs to lights or LED/LCDs after that. Attempted factory reset no effect (same response as above). Attempted USB recovery tool, no response, same as above. I have tried all the above with drives removed also...same response. Could anybody, please, send me RN314 UART pinouts and step by step instruction to recover it using UART Serial Converter? My Readynas FW: V6.2.0.

My best regards, Sergey.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN314 not boot.

Have you checked your warranty status (5 years for the original purchaser).  If you are still covered, then contact paid support at my.netgear.com and ask for a warranty replacement.

Message 2 of 5
EHCanadian
Star

The 314 has a hdmi port. Did you connect a monitor to it to see if anything shows up on the screen?

Message 3 of 5
Enimalist
Aspirant

Hello! Yeah, that 's the first thing I did. As a result, the inscription on the monitor: "no signal." The instruction states that the port is not used, page of the instruction. 

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 4 of 5
EHCanadian
Star

I had the 314, HDMI port worked.

Mine suffered the same fait as yours about a month ago. Got it RMA. They sent me the 424 cause the 314 was discontinued.

Basically your at a no post.
Power block led us green, sounds and looks like it is booting then nothing. Ether the internal flash is toast or a design defect as mine did the exact same as yours. Rebooted and never came back to post. Your data is fine tho. See if u can start the RMA process. Mine took about a week and a few days to have new unit.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements