× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo V1 - Ip 192.168.168.168 after a current peack

egigi
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo V1 - Ip 192.168.168.168 after a current peack

Hello all,

I'm just a basic user, please I need your help.

I can't use my ReadyNAS Duo due to a peack of current damaged it (I think).

Using RAIDar V6.0, IP address is set to 192.168.168.168 and firmware is not avaible.

With this configuration it's not possible to communicate using 192.168.168.168/admin interface

So I tryed to reinstall the ReadyNAS Duo firmware using the procedure described into the User Guide:

To re-install the ReadyNAS Duo firmware: Use a paper clip to depress the switch while the system is off. Continue to depress the reset switch while powering on the system for approximately 5 seconds until the disk LEDs flash once to signify that the command has been accepted. The firmware installation takes several minutes to complete. The Status LED in the front will be solid green when the process is complete. The installation does not affect the data on the ReadyNAS Duo.

For fear of loosing data I removed the two disk from the NAS before execute the reset.

Due to nothing changed, I also tryed to set the ReadyNAS Duo device to Factory Default always without any disk equipped.

After that nothing is changed, and all LED are flashing with a specific pattern that I can't identify.

I have some doubts:

- It was the rigth way to restore the system without any disk on board?

- I risk to loose the data on the disk if I mount one or both into the system?

Please help me and thanks in advace.

Luigi

Model: ReadyNASRND2150|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Duo V1 - Ip 192.168.168.168 after a current peack

@egigi wrote:

For fear of loosing data I removed the two disk from the NAS before execute the reset.

Due to nothing changed, I also tryed to set the ReadyNAS Duo device to Factory Default always without any disk equipped.

This was a waste of time, since the operating system is on the disks.  The good news is that it did no damage.

Let's start by confirming what NAS model you have.  Please read this article, and then tell us if you have a duo v1 or a v2. http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

FWIW, an IP address of 192.168.168.168 generally means that the NAS cannot reach the dhcp server in the router.  You can try directly connecting the NAS to a PC (bypassing the router) and temporarily assign the PC a static IP address of 192.168.168.100 (subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and gateway of 192.168.168.1).  Then you can try entering https://192.168.168.167/admin in the web browser and see if it connects.

Message 2 of 3
egigi
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Duo V1 - Ip 192.168.168.168 after a current peack

Hi Stephen,

after I wasted a lot of time I relized that the disks are necessary for the boot Smiley Frustrated

I previously read the guide indicated by you to identify the NAS and I can confirm that is a V1
Model: ReadyNAS Duo V1
Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.14 [1.00a043]
Memory: 1024 MB [2.5-3-3-7]

At moment the poor NAS is connected with an ethernet card of my PC and the disks are just started the syncronization.

The thing that worries me is that I set the IP address to 192.168.1.50, DHCP 255.255.255.0 into NAS but my router didn't recognized it and after the shutdown the NAS's IP address is returned to 192.168.168.168.

When the sync will be done I try again to configure a static IP and connecting it to the router...

Thanks

Luigi

Model: RND2150v1|READYNAS DUO v1|EOL
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements