× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 2304 Stops responding

XeonMaster
Aspirant

ReadyNas 2304 Stops responding

Hi !

Have 2 ReadyNAS 2304 Rackmounted units.

Using latest firmware

Connected with 2 lan cables in load balancing setting

In ocations one of the NAS units will stop responding and users loose access to their data.

When this happens I am unable to login via browser.

Only way to regain access is by fisicaly pressing the power button on the unit and powering it back on.

After that, it will continue to work for a day or two without any issues.

Any ideas ? 

Thanks !

Message 1 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNas 2304 Stops responding

Can you leave a SSH session open on the NAS so you can run top on it when this happens?  Or maybe even leave top running?  The idea here is to see if there is a process (most likely readynasd) that's reaching 100% of CPU use.

Message 2 of 5
XeonMaster
Aspirant

Hi !

Thanks for your post.

SSH is currently disabled as per warranty restrictions.

Message 3 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Netgear will not deny warranty support just because SSH is enabled.  They will deny support if they think the problem was created because you did something via SSH that caused the problem.  As long as you don't go manipulating the command log the NAS retains, they will know what you've done, and running top certainly won't void the warranty.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

Netgear will not deny warranty support just because SSH is enabled.  They will deny support if they think the problem was created because you did something via SSH that caused the problem. 

More details on this are here: https://kb.netgear.com/30068/ReadyNAS-OS-6-SSH-access-support-and-configuration-guides

FWIW, I have ssh enabled on all my ReadyNAS.  Though I haven't needed paid support for some years.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements