× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SMB - local users - What is admin password?

RaedyNas
Aspirant

SMB - local users - What is admin password?

What is the SMB app admin default password? For a new install?

I've tired blank, admin, and netgear's Frontview password. Nothing worked.

To reset the smb password I found the thread below worked. In Frontview retype/reset the system admin password. I'm curious why the admin password didn't work the first time.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/OS-6-5-SMB-Workgroup-Setting-user-a...

Model: RNDP6310|ReadyNAS Pro 6 3TB (3 x 1TB Enterprise)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

The top one is the admin group, the bottom one is the admin user. The hint there is the graphics - the top one shows multiple people, the bottom only has one person.

By default only the admin user is in the admin group.  But you can create other administive accounts (putting them in the admin group).

There is only one admin account, so the NAS admin account credentials used by the web ui should have worked with SMB.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
RaedyNas
Aspirant

Shares now show 2 admins after resetting frontview password.

Double admin.JPG

Model: RNDP6310-200|ReadyNAS® Pro 6 3TB Unified Storage System
Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

The top one is the admin group, the bottom one is the admin user. The hint there is the graphics - the top one shows multiple people, the bottom only has one person.

By default only the admin user is in the admin group.  But you can create other administive accounts (putting them in the admin group).

There is only one admin account, so the NAS admin account credentials used by the web ui should have worked with SMB.

Message 3 of 4
RaedyNas
Aspirant

Thanks for the graphics explaination. Learning as I go here. I've connected as admin couple times now using the same credentials used by the web ui.

For some reason only the admin group was displayed initially. The admin user showed up after resetting the password on the nas.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements