× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setup wizard won't complete

Greysquirrel
Aspirant

Setup wizard won't complete

Hi

I recently had a problem with a full root drive that stopped my readynas from booting and failed to update to 6.10.3. I was able to remove some log files to bring the size down and update to 6.10.3.

However, on reboot the admin page is now telling me to set up the device again and when I complete this and tell it to save a new admin password i just get a spinning circle. The password change does not save.

I can access the drives (4 JBOD) to stream music/films and i can see the files in Readycloud but Raidar says "offline setup - lan' and i can't add any files to the device as it can't get to the shares screen.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Matt

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Setup wizard won't complete

@Greysquirrel

Have you tried doing an OS-Reinstall? This is to get the settings and configuration back to default.

it seems there are config files that might have been corrupted or deleted. It is also possible that it got to Read only mode.

If in any case this did not resolve the issue, it might be best to contact Support or if you have a full backup, restoring it after a Factory reset is another option.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 4
Greysquirrel
Aspirant

Thanks Marc

i fear I may have been over zealous in my cull of large files clogging up the root volume.

I have run systemctl list-units and I get:

mysql.service loaded failed failed

systemmd-modules-load.service loaded failed failed

i have done an os reinstall with no joy.

regards

Matt

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Unfortunatel;y for you in this case, OS re-install tries to leave intact anything related to apps, so whatever is causing your problem is likely not getting erased.

I think you are to the point of either needing Netgear paid support (for which you'll need to be able to boot to Tech Support mode) or doing a factory default and re-building the NAS from scratch.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements