Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can Not Get Netgear Nighthawk App to Work on New iPad Air 3rd Gen (2019)

larryis1
Star

Can Not Get Netgear Nighthawk App to Work on New iPad Air 3rd Gen (2019)

I have been using the Netgear Nighthawk app successfully on both my iPhone and iPad for almost a year.  This week I purchased a new iPad Air (2019 - 10.5 inch).  When the Nighthawk app opens on the iPad, it has a prefilled user ID of Admin.  I have my own ID and my own password (previously set). The start up screen does not allow me to enter my ID & PW.  I delete the app from my iPad, and reinstall.  Now I can add the user ID & PW.  When I run the app it does not allow me to connect to my router (model R7960P, Nighthawk X6S), and defaults back to a start up screen that has the default ID of Admin.  How can I get Nighthawk App (iOS) to work on my new iPad (iOS 13.5)?   Help.  TIA

Best Regards,
Larry

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Can Not Get Netgear Nighthawk App to Work on New iPad Air 3rd Gen (2019)

@larryis1 wrote:

I have been using the Netgear Nighthawk app successfully on both my iPhone and iPad for almost a year.  This week I purchased a new iPad Air (2019 - 10.5 inch).  When the Nighthawk app opens on the iPad, it has a prefilled user ID of Admin.  I have my own ID and my own password (previously set).

You cannot change the user ID for management access from admin.

If you are trying to get at something that you have changed, this suggests that you may be talking about the wifi user ID.

You need to connect to the wifi before you can get into the management area.

There is also the added wrinkle of remote management. (Have you set that up?)

That logs you into mynetgear and you can then access the router both locally and from afar.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7