Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Constantly being asked "Do you want "NETGEARGenie.app" to accept incoming network connections?

LALB
Tutor

Constantly being asked "Do you want "NETGEARGenie.app" to accept incoming network connections?

Recently an update was pushed through for our router; since that time, my NetGenie app keeps autostarting when I start my computer (I previously had it set to not do that) and it is asking the following question: "Do you want NETGEARGenie.app to accept incoming network connections?  I'm not 100% sure what it is asking (what type of connections; is it related to devices; etc.?) and, yet, I also don't want to be asked this question every time.  Can someone please explain what this specifically pertains to and how I can set a default answer in order to stop it from constantly asking this?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Constantly being asked "Do you want "NETGEARGenie.app" to accept incoming network

@LALB wrote:

Recently an update was pushed through for our router; since that time, my NetGenie app keeps autostarting when I start my computer (I previously had it set to not do that)

Which genie app is this? Desktop or mobile?

If desktop, check that you have the latest version.

genie Landing Page | Apps | Discover | Home | NETGEAR

2.4.46 seems to be current.

There is also a manual there.

To get it not to start when you boot, look at thre icon in the notification area. Right click and change it in Settings.

If that does not work disable it in Windows startup or whatever operating system you have.

@LALB wrote:

Can someone please explain what this specifically pertains to and how I can set a default answer in order to stop it from constantly asking this?

It is just the thing checking for intruders. It goes though all the local stuff at boot time. You can also disable that in the notification area. It is the Show Network Connectivity Change bit.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7