Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie update 2.4.22 crashes regularly on OS X 10.10.5

ArielHughes
Follower

Genie update 2.4.22 crashes regularly on OS X 10.10.5

The newest update of Netgear Genie (2.4.22) crashes so frequently I've taken to just shutting it down when ever it opens. My computer runs 10.10.5 OSX (yosemite) and I did not have any problems like this with the previous versions. Is there a way to revert to an older version of Genie?

Message 1 of 4
Mac_G
Aspirant

Re: Genie update 2.4.22 crashes regularly on OS X 10.10.5

Same here. Remains open for about 10 mins then crashes

Message 2 of 4
abubasim
Guide

Same here, and also the same OS and OS version. Today the genie app reports that there is an update for the app and that it amongst other things 'fixes the crash issue'. Unfortunately, the installer that gets downloaded turns out to be corrupt. Cannot open the dmg file; when opening it in Finder, a warning comes up stating that there are 'no mountable file systems' contained within the dmg file. I have tried downloading three times. All downloads seem to end normally with the file size ending up at 65,879,963 bytes. So I guess the crashing problem will remain unfixed for the time being... ;-(

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 3 of 4
abubasim
Guide

I opened the genie installer version 2.4.26 for mac using 7-Zip. It looks like the file system inside is formatted as an APFS file system so it won't open on any version of macOS except the latest, High Sierra. The likelyhood of Apple backporting APFS to older versions of macOS is very slim so I guess I have to learn to live with the current version of genie crashing. ;-(

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7