Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie 2.4.22 (IOS) only displays first 5GHz radio when accessing wireless settings

jb1146
Aspirant

Genie 2.4.22 (IOS) only displays first 5GHz radio when accessing wireless settings

Genie 2.4.22 (IOS)  only displays first 5GHz radio when accessing wireless settings.  I have two R8000s set up as access points, and they both exhibit the same issue.  Firmware on R8000 at 1.0.2.46.

Message 1 of 6
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Genie 2.4.22 (IOS) only displays first 5GHz radio when accessing wireless settings

Do you maybe have the Smart Connect option enabled? If not what wireless channels do you have set for the two 5GHz radios?

Message 2 of 6
jb1146
Aspirant

Re: Genie 2.4.22 (IOS) only displays first 5GHz radio when accessing wireless settings

Yes, smart connect is enabled.
Message 3 of 6
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

With Smart Connect enabled both 5GHz radios use the same SSID, so that may be the reason for the single listing in Genie. If you scan for wireless networks using a different application or device do you then see two 5GHz APs with the same SSID?

Message 4 of 6
jb1146
Aspirant

Yes  If I scan the network with other software (e.g. inSSIDer or iPhone Airport software) I do see each 5G network.

Message 5 of 6
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well I would suggest that Genie is just using a bit of insider knowledge to display the two Smart Connect 5GHz channels as a single entity.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7