Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Icons and names not saving

alakazam
Follower

Icons and names not saving

R6700v3 , fw: V1.0.4.84_10.0.58

Nighthawk for iOS , v: 2.4.20.10

This issue has been ongoing for over a year, different firmware and app updates do not resolve it. Despite the many threads, I don't understand why a fix doesn't exist. Please do something about it if you even remotely care about user experience.

The names and devices icons save in the router webpage. They do not save in the app, just default back to the original name and the antenna icon (both wired and wireless).

Bought this to replace an older Linksys based on good reviews at the time. Only disappointed in the UX. 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
jcole66
Aspirant

Re: Icons and names not saving

I also have a similar issue.  Just upgarded to the AC2600 R7400 (latest firmware 1.2.0.62_1.0.1) and have noticed this issue.  My prior (slower) Nighthawk Router did not have this issue.

I've noticed when going into Device Manager with this Router/Firmware that the categories of device types is much more limited than my prior R7000 Router.  With the R7400 there are maybe 15 limited categories to choose from VS the R7000 which probaby had twice as many categories.

Not that the categories truly matter with this R7400 Router since you can go thru and completely setup and categorize every device from the Unknown Status to something close to what it actually is only to have the category get reset to Unknown as soon as you go back into that section.

Whats up with this Netgear?  These discrepancies between models (and firmware) just dont make sense!

Anyone else seeing smiliar results?

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Icons and names not saving

Hello alakazam & jcole66, 

Our product teams are aware of the reports and working on the issue. We currently do not have an ETA on a fix. In the meantime, please continue to use the router web page. 

Thank you for understanding,

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7