Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Install Armor Without Using an App on Mobile Device

wfault
Aspirant

Install Armor Without Using an App on Mobile Device

How do I download/install Armor without using an app on a mobile device?

I would like to try Armor with my NightHawk AX1800 router.  However, I am unable to find anything that tells me how to get Armor without using an app on a mobile device.  Under NO circumstances is any mobile device allowed to connect to the particular network of which the HightHawk is the router/Wi-Fi (except for W-Fi from the laptops, should you wish to consider them "mobile devices," although I don't; the other connected systems are ethernet cable).  In case anyone is curious, the mobile devices (all Android) connect to Wi-Fi through an entirely different network on a different router.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Install Armor Without Using an App on Mobile Device

Armor seems to require the use of a mobile device and activating thru the Nighthawk App. 

Phones or pads can be used. 

Got a friend or family member that could lend you help here? 

Message 2 of 6
wfault
Aspirant

Thank you for clarifying about needing an app on a mobile device.  Looks like I will not be able to give Armor a try. 

Availability of devices is not an issue.  The issue is they are not permitted to be connected to that particular network  -- even though it is in my home.  Our phones, tablets, and kids' PCs use a different network/different router/different ISP. 

Thanks again for clarifying.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

So you can't temporarily connect something from the other network to and NG network and get something set up then afterwards, put the device back on the other network? 

Message 4 of 6
wfault
Aspirant

No.  I can't.  It is absolutely prohibited.  I don't write the policies; I just have to follow them.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck then. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements