Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Genie 2.4.26 Tiny Window Size Windows 10

teknopzent
Aspirant

Netgear Genie 2.4.26 Tiny Window Size Windows 10

I have a new windows 10 computer with a 13" screen and the genie window is so tiny I have great difficulty reading or working in it. I have tried the windows 7 compatability and the "Disable display  scaleing on high DPI".

I read where some people have a window to big. Mine is way to small.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@teknopzent wrote:

I have my resolution set to 2560 x 1440. It was the factory setting. This app is the only one that is smaller than usual. It is fine on my other window 10 computer and my window 7 computer.

Does it resolve if you set the resolution lower (1280x720)?

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
William10a
Master

Have you updated your Genie software?

Message 2 of 10
teknopzent
Aspirant

Hi William

I just downloaded the app/software from Netgear so it should be the latest. The software/Firmware for the wireless is current according to the Netgear website. I'm running windows 10 (unfortunately) on two other computers here and the window size is normal.

Thanks Bob

Message 3 of 10
William10a
Master

Windows 10 may be the latest os out for windows but it's greatest windows xp takes the award for that in fact some companies still have windows xp to run their software from 10 or more years ago and a server long forgetten about still carrying some task in a netgear like a print server.

Message 4 of 10
teknopzent
Aspirant

Yes XP was good too. Liked 7 the best. Any thoughts on why this windows 10 has the small window for genie? Bit of a problem when I cannot read the tabs in the window.

Bob 

Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

What is the screen resolution?  You might need to set the display DPI.

Are other applications also too small to read?

Message 6 of 10
teknopzent
Aspirant

Hi Stephen

I have my resolution set to 2560 x 1440. It was the factory setting. This app is the only one that is smaller than usual. It is fine on my other window 10 computer and my window 7 computer.

Thanks

Bob

Message 7 of 10
William10a
Master

It has the do with way windows 7 and windows 10 video drivers works they changed the way windows reads the size command may be the problem will be fixed in the issue of the genie program.

Message 8 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@teknopzent wrote:

Does it resolve if you set the resolution lower (1280x720)?

Message 9 of 10
teknopzent
Aspirant

Hi Stephen

Well, that was interesting. I tried reseting ( as you suggested) my resolution to 1280 x 720 and that blew the window up bigger than my screen. So I started working my way back up the scale. I'm now back to 2560 x 1440 ( my highest setting and where this all started) and all seems to be working as advertized. Go figure.

Once again, Thank you; this seems to have solved my problem.

Bob J

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7