Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Genie "Custom Name" List

GianChaz
Aspirant

Netgear Genie "Custom Name" List

In the standalone Genie App, after assigning a number of devices "Custom Names," I have not found a way to see all my Devices & their respective names unless those devices are active (connected).

Looking through this Community, I found that the file, MapCustomData.dat, most likely contains that info. Unfortunately, the file is not a text file and, I am unable to decipher it.

The Netgear Genie Browser, under Access Control, does maintain the Device Name I assign whether it's connected or not. This Netgear Genie Browser data is not shared with the Netware Genie App on my Windows PC. I have to assign the names in both places.

How do I maintain my Custom Names within the Genie App for all the Devices I have updated without having the need to see them all connected? Is there a way to generate a List akin to the Browser Genie or any other format?

Saving Screen grabs is not a great way to manage multiple device name assignments.

Thank you all for the support you offer here.

Happy New Year,

GC

P.S Has anyone found a way to have a Device Name display in the emailed Netgear Log in addition to the IP address? This was a valued feature in the Tomato Software (Log). Thanks again.

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @GianChaz,

Unfortunately, there is no way to modify this behavior because it is how the app was programmed. However, you can have it suggested in our ideas exchange board linked below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home?topic-zoom=&sor...

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @GianChaz,

Unfortunately, there is no way to modify this behavior because it is how the app was programmed. However, you can have it suggested in our ideas exchange board linked below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home?topic-zoom=&sor...

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
GianChaz
Aspirant

Dexter,

Many thanks and Happy New Year!

Chaz...

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @GianChaz,

You are welcome and happy new year to you as well.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7