Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Genie

Thisisme118
Aspirant

Netgear Genie

I have a windows 10 computer with a R8000 router.  I am trying to logon to it from Genie, but it states "Login Failed.  The router Response timed out".  However, I can logon with the same user name and password in Chrome / IE. 

I deinstalled and reinstalled the Genie Software and still no luck. 

Any Suggestions?

Message 1 of 12

Try feeding the router's IP address into the (desktop?) genie.

The genie is a flaky beast at the best of times.

Message 2 of 12
Thisisme118
Aspirant

I have checked the box for router IP address and that did not work. I did power cycle the router and that worked.  ONCE!  I can not longer get into the router again.

Message 3 of 12

You can find the IP address by using a small Windows thingy called ipconfig from a Command prompt and looking for the default gateway.

Message 4 of 12
Thisisme118
Aspirant

I am not sure what you are trying to tell me what to do.  I am familair with IPconfig, but only getting my IP address.  Is there command line switches you want me to use?

Message 5 of 12
Thisisme118
Aspirant

Sorry just checked again.  The default gateway is 192.168.1.1. 

Message 6 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Thisisme118,

1. Is the router UI still accessible via a web browser when using the IP?

2. Does the issue persist when using your other devices (Android, iOS, another computer)?

3. Have you tried uninstalling then re-installing the app?

4. What is the firmware version of the router?

5. What version of the NETGEAR Genie do you have installed?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 7 of 12
Thisisme118
Aspirant

Aplogize for the delay, I was on vacation.

1. Is the router UI still accessible via a web browser when using the IP?  (Yes)

2. Does the issue persist when using your other devices (Android, iOS, another computer)?  (Yes, IOS)

3. Have you tried uninstalling then re-installing the app?  (On windows computer yes, on IOS no.  Reinstalled and as a result, ended up with a newer version of Genie, but still did not resolve the issue)

4. What is the firmware version of the router?  (V1.0.3.36_1.1.25)

5. What version of the NETGEAR Genie do you have installed?  (Version 2.4.38)

Message 8 of 12
Cdric
Aspirant

Hello, with my R8000 I have same trouble as you with my iphone. It appears since I update the firmware of the routeur from 1.0.3.36 to the same you have.
Web works well fortunately but the application works only once after rebooting routeur. And when it works once, the map is false I have 9 stuff connected but show me only my phone... Nothing to do appart to wait a correction from Netgear on the application I guess...
Message 9 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

This has been reported to engineering and is being worked on. We will provide an update once available.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 10 of 12
tamicampos
Aspirant

I cannot sign in to my router settings as I keep getting "Login Failed...The reouter response timed out"  I have searched this issue and the final response on 5/25/17 says the problem is being fixed.  Has this been done yet?  How can I get in to change my router settings?

Message 11 of 12

Lots of things could be involved here. First you'll have to tell people what your hardware is.

And what does this bit mean?

@tamicampos wrote:

I cannot sign in to my router settings as I keep getting "Login Failed...

What address are you using?

The usual destinations are:

http://www.routerlogin.com/

and

http://www.routerlogin.net

If they don't work, then the IP address might be an option. Here the usual suspects are:

http://192.168.0.1

or

http://192.168.1.1

There are many different discussions on this topic, not all with the same answer. Have you looked at this?

>>> If you cannot login to your router | Answer | NETGEAR Support <<<

Do you have any antivirus software.

>>> Unable to access router management page with Kaspersky installed <<<

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series