Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Nighthawk, with a New Genie. New SSDI Button? Nighthawk AC2300 Smart Wifi Router, Model 7000P

Workingstiff52
Aspirant

New Nighthawk, with a New Genie. New SSDI Button? Nighthawk AC2300 Smart Wifi Router, Model 7000P

First the selection did not give me the model of AC2300 Smart WiFi Router. Which is what I will be talking about.
Just purchased, setup went directly to updating software and firmware.
It has a new genie. Niether the HELP on Netgear nor on UTube show help with this new Gemie.
I saw how to clone my old Router into this new one. However my passwords are many... many moons ago. Years out of my memory or notes. So cloning will only have me locked out. I want to do the ports and all, but without the  crush of my network being down.
I need to make a new SSDI, so that my network will continue running. I can turn off the old transmitter by button. I will figure out how to get in there for port configuration later. I REALLY NEED TO CREAT A ESTABLISHED SSDI AND PASSWORD with this new Genie. I cannot find the simple NEW button, to creat it. Not in this new Genie. This websites Help only shows the older version of Genie.

Genie

Version 2.4.52
Copyright (c) 2018, NETGEAR Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy
Powered by BIGIT.COM

If it's possible, get directly to device website. Niether 192.168.1.1 nor Routerlogin.net will get me into the machine. I would probably be more comfortable.

Thanks for any clues, time and attenion you might have for me.

Moshe

Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Workingstiff52
Aspirant

Re: New Nighthawk, with a New Genie. New SSDI Button? Nighthawk AC2300 Smart Wifi Router, Model 7000

2nd responce
FOUND IT!!!!

I did yet another hard reset of the Router. This time I went through each question and checked the Genie Tree. I was looking at both Negative and Positive responces. Thats where I found the option to Rename and Re-password the existing SSDI. 
For anyone looking for help, The Initial Setup Tree ask's the Question, "Can you turn off the existing (in this case Dish) SSDI. I answered "NO". The follow up screen was to change the name of the Netgear SSDI. 
WhaLaa

Attached is a screenshot of that setup tree screen.

Thanks, michaelnward, for your time, attention and timely return responce.

Moshe

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies

Re: New Nighthawk, with a New Genie. New SSDI Button? Nighthawk AC2300 Smart Wifi Router, Model 7000

@Workingstiff52 wrote:

First the selection did not give me the model of AC2300 Smart WiFi Router. Which is what I will be talking about.

Probably because it is not a Netgear model number. AC2300 is a weird wifi speed designator that various makers use to denote the go-fast stripes on the side of their hardware.

Is this the R7000P we are talking about?

There is a manual for the R7000P somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R7000P | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

I saw how to clone my old Router into this new one.

I don't know where you read that, but there is no way to back up the configuration from one Netgear device and move it to another. Your best bet is to note down all the settings and recreate them manually in the new router.

If it's possible, get directly to device website. Niether 192.168.1.1 nor Routerlogin.net will get me into the machine. I would probably be more comfortable.

Did you find this?

If you cannot login to your router | Answer | NETGEAR Support

The "device website" you refer to is a local access to your router using an html interface. If 192.168.1.1 nor Routerlogin.net do not work, maybe you have not started the whole network in the recommended order. In which case the router will get a different IP address,

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Message 2 of 6
Workingstiff52
Aspirant

Thank you.

Perhaps I crammed too much into one message.
My problem right now is to create a Specific SSDI on a new Blackhawk. The Genei has been upgraded from the Genie featured in the HELP or YOUTUBE videos.  I cannot seem to find the "NEW" button.

Therest of the comments are for after I know the NETWORK is up.

Michaelkenward

Yes of course, I turned off all existing broadcasters and allowed no hardwires in the New Unit.

Thanks again for any Help and Attention I can get with this issue.

Moshe

Message 3 of 6

@Workingstiff52 wrote:

Thank you.

Perhaps I crammed too much into one message.
My problem right now is to create a Specific SSDI on a new Blackhawk. The Genei has been upgraded from the Genie featured in the HELP or YOUTUBE videos.  I cannot seem to find the "NEW" button.

You will not find a NEW button for SSIDs.

Nighthawk R7000 routers, like most Netgear routers, are limited to a single SSID for each band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. (If you enable Smart Connect both bands share the same SSID.) To create a new SSID you use the desktop genie (or the browser interface) to Modify the default SSID for each channel. The default SSIDs are on the label on the bottom of the R7000. Change them as you see fit.

I have already provided a link to the manual for the R7000. Page 126 explains how to set the SSID.

You can also create a Guest Network for wifi. Read all about this on page 129.

Message 4 of 6
Workingstiff52
Aspirant

Thanks.
The issue here is that Netgear has changed their "Genie" without support for it. I would have tried to play with "Modify", thanks for the suggestion. I just cannot find these recognizable screens. If I knew where to download the older version of "Genie" I would grab it.
Attached is a screen shot of the new Genie. Which is 

Version 2.4.52
Copyright (c) 2018, NETGEAR Inc.