Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk App

sparky96
Tutor

NightHawk App

I have 2 NightHawk R7000 Routers in my House, one set up as the Router, one as the Access Point, all works well except with the Nighthawk App, The Genie app used to work Fine.

Now Since being forced to use the Nighthawk app, I can only access one router through the app, I set them both to access anywhere, but when they are both set to allow access, I can only access the main router.  If I turn the Access anywhere off on the main router, I can access the AP remotely.  Problem is when they are both on, they both won't show up in the Nighthawk app.  

When I am on my loca network, all is fine, I connect to the network, either the AP or Router, and I can see them both.  The issue is just trying to connect remotely.

Any Thoughts?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NightHawk App

Hi spark96, 

Interesting. If the second router is in AP mode, the anywhere access (remote management) feature should be disabled along with additional features described in the article below. I would recommend to just have anywhere access enabled on the main router as you should be able to the access point (2nd router) in the attached devices list of the main router. 

https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Disabled-Features-on-the-Router-when-set-to-AP-Mode

Christian 

Message 2 of 3

Re: NightHawk App

@Christian_R wrote:

If the second router is in AP mode, the anywhere access (remote management) feature should be disabled along with additional features described in the article below. 

Yup. In AP mode apps don't work

If you want to access a device in AP mode, find its IP address on the local network, perhaps with the Nighthawk app through the roiter, and aim your browser at that.

What is it that you want to do with the AP device? After all, most of its features are disabled.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7