sewman
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk App Speed test is not working properly

I am having some issue with galaxy S9.
Message 26 of 37
Kilika702
Aspirant

It appears to be a glitch with the phone app itself. I have used the three menas to test the connection speed such as Ring Doorbell App and able to have download and upload speeds.

There’s additional glitches that I came across with the Netgear App. Smart Connect suppose manage which devices utilize which speed. When smart connect is switched on, the devices that run on slower connection speed gets dropped off the list. After spending more than an hour with Netgear’s tech support in the Philippines, I was told the smart connect feature is broken.
Message 27 of 37
Dinatwin
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue. No download speed shown
Message 28 of 37
Kilika702
Aspirant

It appears the Nighthawk app has numerous glitches. Along with unable to test download speed, the guest WIFI feature always says “cant find router” when I am attempting to allow guest access. I would have to close out to the Nighthawk app and log back in. After logging back in the guest access feature is on.
Message 29 of 37
schumaku
Guru

@Kilika702 wrote:
It appears the Nighthawk app has numerous glitches. Along with unable to test download speed, ...

This is related to the router firmware - check the router Web UI and you will find probably the same issue. And no, the problem does by far not apply if using the App with all Nighthawk models.

@Kilika702 wrote:
the guest WIFI feature always says “cant find router” when I am attempting to allow guest access. I would have to close out to the Nighthawk app and log back in. After logging back in the guest access feature is on.

Disabling and enabling the guest access does (like various other wireless admin actions) temporary disable the wireless radio on the most (likely all) Nighthawk routers (or for the sake of it also the Netgear R6xx, Cable, and DSL routers), regardless if using the Web based Genie, the Genie App, or the Nighthawk App.

Message 30 of 37
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

Latest update from engineering is that the fix will be available on the next firmware release for the affected models. Please make sure that your device firmware is up to date if you haven't checked yet.

Dexter

Community Team

Message 31 of 37
juanvco
Aspirant

This issue has been happening for a while. I'm using the latest firmware and nothing got fixed. I also noticed this last firmware made my router very unstable. I have to reset it at least 3 times a week to have a better performance.

Model: X4S R7800
Firmware: 1.0.2.60
Message 32 of 37
tontod1
Aspirant

For the R7450, the firmware update seems to have fixed the problem. My router has been working great and the Download Test is also working great

Thanks
Marco
Message 33 of 37
Panther63
Initiate

Speedtest is working since last update.  Firmware V1.2.0.36  App Version 2.2.9.10.  Router AC2400

Message 34 of 37
PinkerPayNikon
Aspirant

Hi, I know this thread is several months old, but I haven't received any help on the forums My router firmware is V1.0.9.64_10.2.64 on a Nighthawk R7000 AC1900. The Ookla speedtest cuts off halfway or when upload speeds are about to be measured but I recieve the following message: "Connection Failed/Reboot router if the problem persists." Reboot isn't working and the Internet is working just fine at home. What gives NetGear? 

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 35 of 37

@PinkerPayNikon wrote:

Hi, I know this thread is several months old....

So it might be a better idea to start a new discussion, especially if you want to catch the eye of the Netgear team.

Is this the same thing?

Nighthawk app Speedtest Connection Error - NETGEAR Communities

Message 36 of 37

NETGEAR CUSTOMER SERVICENETGEAR CUSTOMER SERVICEI had to go online and update the firmware...V1.1.0.52 App Version 2.3.1.37.  If you are still having issues after you update the firmware online then reach out to the team via phone...

Model: R6260|AC1600 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 37 of 37
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7