Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6 R8000p

Vincent12
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6 R8000p

I am losing my mind

I cannot connect to my router using the Nighthawk app anymore. 

Router Firmware Version
V1.4.3.88_1.3.50

Nighthawk app Version

Both are the latest version.

When I attempt to login using the app and the admin password I get timed out.

In other words, I get a spinning circle and then remain on the login page and nothing happens.

Other times I am given a timeout message and on some other occasions, I am told I am not on the WIFI network even though I am (as I can test it with my phone) and the local network is being switched on.

I read on a forum post to check the NTP settings. I managed to change them to my local GMT and rebooted but the issue still persists.

I then read in another post that the password may need to be updated. I updated it using 10 characters with a combination of upper and lower cases, numbers and special characters and still, it did not help.

I deleted and redownloaded the app, I rebooted the router restarted my iPhone, and tried with an iPad and nothing seems to work.

I recently got a Netgear wifi booster extender (AC3000 EX8000) but not sure if this may have caused an issue a I believe the app failed to connect even before I installed the extender.

Not sure what else to try and I really want to avoid a factory reset if possible.

Not sure if the app has bugs or if there is something I am not doing correctly.

V

Update: I was able to connect using an Android tablet but still cannot connect with the iPhone or iPad. I think there is an issue with the app but I am not sure

Update 2: I can connect by switching off the WIFI and using Anywhere Access.

I am baffled by this situation and I am wondering whether the Netgear WIFI extender is the issue. The WIFI name are the same whether it is the main router or the extender but I wonder whether the app is getting confused yet I still don't understand why I can connect using WIFI from an Android tablet and can only do it using 4G and Anywhere Access from an iPhone.

Message 1 of 3

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000p

@Vincent12 wrote:

Update: I was able to connect using an Android tablet but still cannot connect with the iPhone or iPad. I think there is an issue with the app but I am not sure

Does this ring any bells?

Solved: Re: “We can’t find your router” message in Nightha... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
Vincent12
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000p

Thanks but I already had icloud relay and private Wi-Fi off and that did not solve the issue so must be something else. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7