Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk app password timing out

up4it1023
Aspirant

Nighthawk app password timing out

Using R7000, updated firmware v1.0.11.136_10.2.120, and iPad iOS v17.1.2.  

I recently upgraded my internet to fiber optic - highly recommend if able! My internet provider changed and I no longer can log into my app. It just times out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the router and setup from scratch with your mobile device and NH app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works-gt-Try-T...

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Message 2 of 7

@up4it1023 wrote:

I recently upgraded my internet to fiber optic - highly recommend if able! My internet provider changed and I no longer can log into my app.

What bit of kit did the ISP provide for your Internet connection?

You'd usually expect a pretty basic box with a single LAN port on the side. But sometimes they'll deliver a fancy box that gets in the way of the existing router.

Message 3 of 7
up4it1023
Aspirant

The modem is a box that's outside my home attached to the garage. A single fiber comes inside and attaches to a CAT5e cable that runs to an ethernet outlet in my office. The router connect to it.
Message 4 of 7
up4it1023
Aspirant

I've factory reset this damn router so many times in the past week. It's more work than it's worth.
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 6 of 7

@up4it1023 wrote:
I've factory reset this damn router so many times in the past week. It's more work than it's worth.

Perhaps we could go back to the beginning. So far we haven't tried to dig below the surface.

In your first message you said:

My internet provider changed and I no longer can log into my app. It just times out.

How are you logging into the router?

You say "my app". It is usually better to use a wired connection into the router and a web browser and the graphical user interface (GUI).

How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

and this:

If you cannot login to your router | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You may be correct on the "more work than it's worth" comment. The R7000 is, after all, an aged device from about a decade ago.

If you have a spiffy new Internet service, this router might be pushed to get the best out of it.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7