Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk for IOS 2.27.1.79 refuses login

Chromejob
Tutor

Nighthawk for IOS 2.27.1.79 refuses login

The Netgear Nighthawk app is refusing login with the confirmed correct email address and password. Same values work on this website. Password works using Web browser to login to the RAX45 router. Rebooted iPhone 14 running iOS 16.5.1, no change.

Error in the app is “Something went wrong. Please try again.” Suspect this is a bug with the app, or hte API the app is using to auth for login. Please fix this.

Solutions tried: offloaded the app, restored, no change. DELETED the app, and reinstalled. Went through all the setup and authorizing of the device. And …

Now the app can log in. Seems like an update to the app was incompatible with the previously established data on the device…?
Message 1 of 4

Re: Nighthawk for IOS 2.27.1.79 refuses login

@Chromejob wrote:
The Netgear Nighthawk app is refusing login with the confirmed correct email address and password. Same values work on this website. Password works using Web browser to login to the RAX45 router. Rebooted iPhone 14 running iOS 16.5.1, no change.

Login to what?

If you are talking about something like using the Nighthawk app for Anywhere Access, the login for that has nothing to do with the login for this place. For many of us, the login details for the essential MyNetgear account have no direct connection to this place.

Also, when you connect to a router with the Nighthawk App, at some stage you have to provide the login details for the router's own controls. (These are the ones with the admin/password defaults listed on device.)

So, back to the first question, login to what?

Take us through what you are doing and what happens.

Error in the app is “Something went wrong. Please try again.” Suspect this is a bug with the app, or hte API the app is using to auth for login. Please fix this.

Were that the case, this place would be abuzz with multiple complaints. That does not seem to be the case.

One factor that all owners of iThings should know about is this:

NETGEAR Mobile Applications and Apple Devices FAQ - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 4
Chromejob
Tutor

I thought it was self evident  from my post ... LOG IN TO THE IOS APP.

After the update, the app required a login to my Netgear account (or create a new one) to access my device(s), and refused the correct username (email address) and password. I did not opt to create a new account. It was NOT prompting me for my router's admin account (it specifically requested a Netgear account ID, i.e. email address). 

Deleting the app and reinstalling fresh resolved the issue. But this was definitely a bug with the app, force closing the app and even restarting the phone did not yield any different results. 

Message 3 of 4

@Chromejob wrote:

I thought it was self evident  from my post ... LOG IN TO THE IOS APP.

Login with or to? The subject could be either.

After the update, the app required a login to my Netgear account (or create a new one) to access my device(s), and refused the correct username (email address) and password. I did not opt to create a new account. It was NOT prompting me for my router's admin account (it specifically requested a Netgear account ID, i.e. email address). 

Adding that changes the picture.

Logging into the app is a two stage process. First you login to the app and it Anywhere Access (MyNetgear) account. Then you login to the router.

Of course, you first have to login to the wifi on the mobile device you are using.

It is a multi-step set of logins.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7