Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX-50 -Connection Issues

Julester
Aspirant

RAX-50 -Connection Issues

Just posting for others that may be having issues after a power outage. Had issues multiple time reconnecting the router after several power outages. Using the Nighthawk app didn’t work. Finally deleted app and downloaded app again, created new admin account and was able to get it working again. Basically, had to pretend that I just purchased the router. Huge waste of time but I’ve learned not to expect much from this router.
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

How is the wifi configured on the router? 

Message 2 of 6
JJG1992
Apprentice

I had this issue with my RAX120 I gave up with the app and did it via the online UI i only use the app to check devices connected to my router and speed tests. Other issue with the app most of the time when opening the app it connects to the router via remote access so if you are having Internet issues just keep getting message across screen saying unable to connect try again and while its trying again have to quickly click the 3 lines in top left of the app to get the option to connect locally.  

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I prefer using the routers web page for setup and management. 

If this is for a Apple device, ensure that Local Network is enabled for the NH app under apples Settings/NH App:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-Web-Page-and-Orbi-app-Access-Status/td-p/2223085/jump...

Also give this a try as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Message 4 of 6
Julester
Aspirant

Sorry, some of your questions are above my level of understanding (re: ONG the NT router; how is wifi configured on the router) so can’t answer them. I know just enough to get by on this stuff. Firmware is 1.0.11.112. Modem is Arris TM1602A.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok no worries. You modem or ONT is just a modem. We look for modems or ONT(Fiber units) with built in routers and wifi. Your ok here. These can cause problems with externally connected routers like the RAX. 

The links I provided may help in getting the nighthawk app working better with the router. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7