Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rebooting Router AND testing Network Speed.

IrvSp
Master

Rebooting Router AND testing Network Speed.

I had run the Network Speed Test and my speed was showing at about 60% of my ISP rated speed. I was on my iPad Pro running the latest iOS 10.3.3 that was just released 2 weeks ago. Now my ISP was having some problems and my PC's Speed Test (from the ISP's site) was giving me full speed an hour ago when I tested it but it was not a smooth profile on the graph and dropped down occasionally. Thought it might be a good time to REBOOT the router and test that function. I was on my 5Ghz channel when I did that.

iPad rebooting actually worked, I was told it could take up to 2 minutes. After a short period the network icon on the top left of the iPad disappeared and then eventually came back. Finally the display changed from the 'reboot screen' to it found the router and was 'searching' for my 2.4Ghz signal.  After that, a few seconds later the full normal application screen appeared.

So my question is why did the 2.4Ghz message appear?

Seeing that had me confused? I didn't see a message for the 5Ghz band? Yes, my iPad can connect to either, but the preferred band is the 5Ghz? At that point I didn't know which band I did connect to. The data IS available but not 'easy' to find. It does not show when I clicked on the router icon which displays the general info. I had to see the DEVICE LIST and then select the left icon for the iPad to see info and then say I was on the 5Ghz band. I think it might be a good idea to show the band on (SSID) on the Device info page.

So once the app came back I wanted to TEST my speed. Select that and it ran. I could see the progress around the circle and the word DOWNLOAD as the circle increased to 1/2 the circle and then UPLOAD for the next half. However NO RESULTS, got a message COULD NOT CONNECT???? Huh? Was the data stored somewhere off my iPad? OK, maybe the app needed to be closed and restarted? I did that and restarted the app. Searched for the router found it, and I again tried to do the test. SAME RESULT???

I even TURNED off the iPad and tried again... CAN NOT get results now, could before the REBOOT? See attached screen capture (it seems you

can only load ONE picture to a message with the button below?)IMG_0421.PNGIMG_0422.PNGIMG_0423.PNG

Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Rebooting Router AND testing Network Speed.

Hi @IrvSp,

1. What is the model number of your device?

2. What is the firmware version?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team​​​​​​​

Message 2 of 5
IrvSp
Master

Model is the R7000. Genie UP is installed on an iPad Pro.

Latest R7000 f/w install, V1.0.9.6_1.2.19  and the iPad also has the latest iOS 10.

Message 3 of 5
IrvSp
Master

@DexterJB, I put that message into the BETA version forum. I don't know why or how it wound up here? I didn't even KNOW that the app was released. I am still running the Beta. Problems still exists... I'll test with the released product what I get a chance.

Message 4 of 5
IrvSp
Master

@DexterJB, OK, I got the latest V2.0.1.12 from the Apple store, works fine. The Beta forum had NO activity, would have been NICE if we were informed it was released. Still don't know how my message got here?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7