Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Turn off wifi

Hoppingrosey
Aspirant

Turn off wifi

How can I turn off wifi on my AC1900 modem router?
Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 1 of 6

Re: Turn off wifi

Most devices have a wifi switch on the side.

AC1900 is a wifi speed standard not a Netgear model. Netgear makes a handful of AC1900  devices.

Tell us which model number you have and someone can probably point you at the manual.

Message 2 of 6
Hoppingrosey
Aspirant

Model C7100V
I read somewhere and was told I could turn the wifi off with the Netgear app, but I can't figure it out? Thanks.
Message 3 of 6

Which Netgear app? Desktop? Android? iThing?

Sorry to keep asking questions, but Netgear likes to confuse us with its different apps.

To turn it off locally, there's a switch on the front. See page 83 of the manual:

>> Click here >> C7100V | Product | Support | NETGEAR << Click here <<

I read somewhere and was told I could turn the wifi off with the Netgear app, but I can't figure it out?

Where did you read that?

It doesn't make sense to use a wifi app to control the wifi. Once you have turned it off you can't turn it back on again because you won't be able to connect to the wifi again to turn it back on.

You can turn Guest access on and off.

Message 4 of 6
Hoppingrosey
Aspirant

Thanks. I read about using the app netgear genie to turn it off and on as an answer to a question on Amazon. Anyway, I found the instruction in the manual you linked, but strangely there is no button on the unit. There is an on/off indicator light but it is not a button. Even the manual contradicts itself as it describes the face of the unit at the beginning of the manual. It says it only indicates on/off by the color light. There is no button. Thanks though for helping.
Message 5 of 6

@Hoppingrosey wrote:

There is an on/off indicator light but it is not a button.

That threw me too. The manual isn't clear.

Have you tried pressing it?

Some of those buttons look like indicator lights, but they actually have two functions.

Page 84 in the manual tells you how to use the web interface to turn the wifi on/off.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7