Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VLAN

langangel
Follower

VLAN

We purchased a Disney Circle to control our children's internet connection and the thing is driving me nuts!  I continually have to take myself out of it and then it puts me right back in when I reenter the network.  I can set it up for "no filters" for my device, but it is still painfully slow.  

I personally do not want to be affected by this thing!  I am trying to set up two different networks as it can only manage one network at a time.  The problem is, I can only do that on the wireless setting.  I can create a guest network for wifi.  This means that  my ethernet connection is still always on the "network" with the Circle.  I want to create 2 VLANs and completely segregate myself from the Circle.  I don't see how to do it with my router.  

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: VLAN

Welcome to the community, @langangel

Circle app is what we support but as far as the NETGEAR device is concerned, we would like to inform that it is not possible to create multiple VLANs on our home routers. If the Circle device is connected to the LAN network, then it will control both wired and wireless connections.

One thing you can do is to set those devices as "unmanaged" so that Circle will not manage the devices.

You may check that setting by going to Circle's KB site.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7