Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why don't guest devices show on the R7000 network map?

mshafton
Tutor

Why don't guest devices show on the R7000 network map?

Enabled the guest network but no device logged into it ever shows on the network map. Netgenie latest running on Win 10. Thanks for any clues!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
mshafton
Tutor

Re: Why don't guest devices show on the R7000 network map?

Thanks for your questions but I have resolved this issue. It turns out that the devices on the guest network I could not find were missing because they go into standby mode when not actively being addressed. It an "unusual" design but workable now that I understand what the devices are doing (irrigation controllers). I knew I was out on the edge with some of these devices for automating my home, but some are farther out than others!

Thanks to everyone who tried to help with this. This has been a challenging project but also a lot of fun!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

is network isolation on?

Message 2 of 7
mshafton
Tutor

I am not familiar with this setting. I am not finding it anywhere in Netgenie V1.02.20 which says it is the latest. Can you clarifiy? Thanks.

Message 3 of 7
IrvSp
Master

Try using a browser and log onto the router. On the GUEST tab is this checkbox, Allow guests to see each other and access my local network. Not sure but if this is on you might be able to see everything.

Also your router log should show devices connecting.

I don't use GUEST so I'm just suggesting as I really have no sure fire answer.

Message 4 of 7
mshafton
Tutor

Thanks. I have tried that but no luck.

Message 5 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mshafton,

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. What device are you using to view the Network Map on?

3. Are the devices which are connected to the Guest Network showing up on the Attached Devices page on the router UI?

4. Have you tried checking the Network Map on the NETGEAR Genie on other devices (other computer/s, smartphone, tablet)?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 7
mshafton
Tutor

Thanks for your questions but I have resolved this issue. It turns out that the devices on the guest network I could not find were missing because they go into standby mode when not actively being addressed. It an "unusual" design but workable now that I understand what the devices are doing (irrigation controllers). I knew I was out on the edge with some of these devices for automating my home, but some are farther out than others!

Thanks to everyone who tried to help with this. This has been a challenging project but also a lot of fun!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7