Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

not receiving whatsapp messages while phone is in idle

dprudhvi09
Aspirant

not receiving whatsapp messages while phone is in idle

While my phone is in idle state, I am not receving whatsapp mesages until i open the whatsapp app. This problem is for all iphones in my family. ANdroid phones receiving normally. I am unable to receive messages from whatsapp while using netgear wifi.

Model: R6260|AC1600 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 3

Re: not receiving whatsapp messages while phone is in idle

@dprudhvi09 wrote:

While my phone is in idle state, I am not receving whatsapp mesages until i open the whatsapp app. This problem is for all iphones in my family. ANdroid phones receiving normally. I am unable to receive messages from whatsapp while using netgear wifi.

Is this just whatsapp or other stuff on the iPhones?

Do you have any reason to think that your router is in anyway involved in this?

If Android phones work, but iPhones don't, that looks like a device issue to me. The router doesn't have an aversion to iPhones. But you might want to check the security settings to see that the phones and router agree with each other.

And where does the Nighthawk App come into the picture?

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk) - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
dprudhvi09
Aspirant

Re: not receiving whatsapp messages while phone is in idle

I am not getting any notifications while the phone screen is in lock state. No iphone is working with this router. If I use other neighbour's routers like tp-link, d-link. Phone is working fine. Now I am using wifi and mobile data at the same time. if the phone is in idle state, mobile data is getting me notifications. Even my friends iphones are getting same problem when they are connected to this router. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series