Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Chromecast and Mesh Routing issues

FURRYe38
Guru

Send @DarrenM a PM.

That link sends me to the log in for my NG account and warranty items. 

Message 26 of 37
shaun_s
Star

The support link is working now.  But still all my support has expired.

You mean contact DarrenM to ask for more support or tell him about the router problem?

BTW... Users on this thread are also having the same problem:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/MR60-Mesh-and-Chromecast/m-p/2035756#M2578

Someone had contacted support but didn't amount to anything.

Message 27 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact DarrenM please...

@shaun_s wrote:

The support link is working now.  But still all my support has expired.

You mean contact DarrenM to ask for more support or tell him about the router problem?

BTW... Users on this thread are also having the same problem:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/MR60-Mesh-and-Chromecast/m-p/2035756#M2578

Someone had contacted support but didn't amount to anything.

Message 28 of 37
milkjug
Aspirant

I tried all of the suggestions in this forum and none worked for me (using MR62 1 base and 1 satellite). What I had to do to set up the chrome device was unplug my satellite and just use the base station wifi. My house it small enough were I get 1 bar from the base in the furthest part of the house. That being said after plugging the satellite back in I do not know if the device is still connected to the base or now the satellite after inital setup. However this inconvenient work around has worked for me and every google device I've had to set up I've had to do this way. 2 nest minis and 1 nest home(the small screen one).

Message 29 of 37
ruehlkm
Aspirant

Thank you!

Message 30 of 37
shaun_s
Star

@FURRYe38

I sent a message to DarrenM almost 2 weeks ago but didn't get a rely.

Message 31 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

OK, I'll send him a poke as well. 

@DarrenM 

@shaun_s wrote:

@FURRYe38

I sent a message to DarrenM almost 2 weeks ago but didn't get a rely.

Message 32 of 37
toftegaarden
Aspirant

Incredible this is working and also that Netgear don´t fix and focus on this. I have the same problems and the suggestions in this post doesn´t seem to fix it. I will do a complete reinstallation of it when I can and see if that works.

No other updates or fixes for this anyone can share? Thanks

Model: XRM570|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router and Mesh WiFi System
Message 33 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

What NG router product model# do you have? 

@toftegaarden wrote:

Incredible this is working and also that Netgear don´t fix and focus on this. I have the same problems and the suggestions in this post doesn´t seem to fix it. I will do a complete reinstallation of it when I can and see if that works.

No other updates or fixes for this anyone can share? Thanks

Message 34 of 37
shaun_s
Star

A new update of the firmware has been released on Nov 11.  I have been testing it for the past day.  So far so good -- the Chromecast problems seem to be fixed.  You can find the downloads here:

https://kb.netgear.com/000064370/MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-1-6-122

The release notes indicated the new firmware fixes issues with AirPlay, but actually the Chromecast issues were also fixed.  This probably meant the problem was fundamental and related to general communication between devices.  They finally acknowledged and sorted out the problem but it still took well over a year of people complaining.

BTW @FURRYe38 ...

DarrenM never ended up replying to my personal message concerning the issue.  But I guess the problem somehow got escalated and attention was given.  Perhaps you had something to do with it.  Thanks.

Message 35 of 37
Outernational
Aspirant

Message 36 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

@shaun_s wrote:

A new update of the firmware has been released on Nov 11.  I have been testing it for the past day.  So far so good -- the Chromecast problems seem to be fixed.  You can find the downloads here:

https://kb.netgear.com/000064370/MR60-MS60-Firmware-Version-1-1-6-122

The release notes indicated the new firmware fixes issues with AirPlay, but actually the Chromecast issues were also fixed.  This probably meant the problem was fundamental and related to general communication between devices.  They finally acknowledged and sorted out the problem but it still took well over a year of people complaining.

BTW @FURRYe38 ...

DarrenM never ended up replying to my personal message concerning the issue.  But I guess the problem somehow got escalated and attention was given.  Perhaps you had something to do with it.  Thanks.

Message 37 of 37
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7